ArtAssist®… The Arterial Assist Device®
ArtAssist®…The Arterial Assist Device® is a home-use medical treatment designed to increase blood flow without surgery so that wounds can heal and patients can keep their limbs.
Clinical studies demonstrate that the ArtAssist® device:
- Triples blood flow during use
- Dramatically increases pain-free walking distance
- Heals arterial & diabetic ulcers
- Saves limbs from amputation
- Opens collateral arteries in a process called arteriogenesis
The Key Three physiological mechanisms:
- Venous pressure drops to nearly zero when the lower leg and foot are compressed with rapid, impulse compression. This creates a pressure gradient between the veins and arteries, and the arterial pressure is not affected. This change in pressure creates a surge of arterial (oxygenated) blood into the lower leg and foot.
- Endothelium releases NO: high velocity flow stimulates the inner arterial walls to release Nitric Oxide (NO) into the bloodstream – with resulting vasodilation.
- Arteriogenesis – the opening of collaterals: the most amazing thing is the arteriographic proof that new arteries are actually forming as a result of this specialized compression. And, we have been able to visualize the new vessels for at least 18 months prior to the cessation of compression.
To learn more about the ArtAssist® Device, visit the ACI Medical website.